Monday, April 18, 2011

Holy Monday 2011



"Fasting, praying and almsgiving are the three penitential practices that we are 
asked to engage in during Lent. In addition to fasting and abstaining with the 
rest of the Church on Ash Wednesday and the Fridays of Lent, we are also 
challenged to make individual sacrifices appropriate to our own spiritual condition. 
However, before we choose something to give up for Lent, it’s important to assess 
our current spiritual state:
What habits do I engage in that are destructive to my spiritual health?
* To what material things am I too attached?
* What areas in my life are unbalanced?
* To what do I devote too much or not enough time?
In the next few days, I'll be sharing with you some Holy Week Reflections. May
there reflections bring you closer to God.


To start off, what sacrifices are you planning on doing this Holy Week? I know, 
for some, this is a case of too late the hero. We should have been doing sacrifices 
this entire Lent. Sadly, I've had too many things on my mind. It may not be enough, 
it never will be, but I'd like to do what I can this Holy Week.


Nick of One Catholic Life was correct in suggesting that we make a self assessment
before we rush off to our sacrifices. What may be a sacrifice for some, will not always
be a sacrifice to others. It's not about getting this done and over with. It's about 
reconnecting back to Our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment