Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Day in the Life of an Overseas Filipino

The December 2011 Calendar

My goodness, how time flies! I can't believe it's been a week since M and I moved
into our new home. I'm really happy that the family is finally together again.

As you can see, we're starting over... I thought it was about time we made a
calendar for our Christmas activities... Unfortunately, we didn't have a printer,  
so I hand made the calendar instead. 

Yes, moving overseas is not just about packing your bags and leaving; more
so when there are kids involved. This move has long been planned and prayed 
for. Our non negotiable: we'll do this only if the family can be together.

I share this because I know many Filipinos dream of living overseas. Don't 
just jump and take the plunge. Pray and discern. Research and prepare as
much as you can. 

If you're leaving a spouse or child behind, give yourself a deadline for how 
long you will be apart. Learn from the mistakes of others; there are way too 
many broken OFW families. Refuse to be a statistic!

A new adventure has begun. It is scary and exciting at the same time. We 
continue to pray for His blessing, guidance and grace.

p.s. I just realized that I did not say much about what my day is like... It's 
not all set yet... However, the goal is for me to do VA work during the 
evenings so that I can take care of M during the day. 
... Oh yes, the calendar photo is dark as it was taken late in the evening...  
Computers and toddlers don't exactly work well together...  As such, I have
limited my computer use to late at night... 

No comments:

Post a Comment