Thursday, November 10, 2011

Setting Up a Home Management Notebook System



Sometime during my first year of marriage, I ran across Simple Mom's Home 
Management Notebook System. I didn't think much of it then as it was just H 
and I. However, now that we have a toddler in the family, there's a real need 
to be more organized with the way we manage our home. 

In a nutshell, a Home Management Notebook is a home version of a work 
planner. It's most useful for:
- Work At Home Moms: there's the challenge of getting work done at home
- Homeschooling Moms: the home has to function as the kid/s' school too
- Large Family Moms: the home seems to need more organization when there's 
  more than 1 child around
- Busy Moms: the moms who manage multiple projects at any given time  
- Organizing Junkies: for those who want to do things just because 

If you're interested in setting up your own Home Management Notebook 
System, here are some free resources that can help get you started:
* A Bowl Full of Lemons has an inspiring reader challenge
* First Day of My New Life provides a useful list of printables  
* Design Finch also provides free printables

The family's big move is now set. The storage box sitting by the door is a physical 
reminder that big changes are on the way. I pray that I can continue on with my 
work at home set up; but I am keeping myself open to all the opportunities of my 
new home. If you haven't guessed yet, setting up a Home Management Notebook 
System is my current mental and emotional blankie. Better and brighter days up 
ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment